Veneers are a great cosmetic dental treatment as they have a variety of benefits. Patients who have veneers often report an increase in their confidence due to the way it can improve your smile. If you are interested in the treatment you may wonder, what color veneers should I get? Below you will find helpful information on veneer treatment so you are prepared at your consultation.
Choosing the Right Veneer Color
Working with a dentist who is skilled and experienced in veneer treatment can be highly beneficial. They can help assist you in choosing a veneer color that is right for you. If you are only getting partial veneers, your dentist will likely shade match your veneers with your natural teeth so they are all uniform. If you want whiter teeth before you get veneers, you can get a professional teeth whitening treatment. Veneers are unlikely to develop stains so work with your dentist and be sure to let them know your expectations.
What Color Veneers Should I Get?
If you are getting a full set of veneers in Encino, you have more latitude in terms of choosing the color of them. It’s important to choose a color that works for you and is bright enough to show your new and healthy smile. Below are a few helpful tips to ensure you choose the right veneer color.
- Consider the color of the whites of your eyes for guidance. A good rule of thumb is that your veneers shouldn’t be whiter than the white part of your eyes.
- Consider the color of your skin when choosing a veneer color. Lighter skin tones should choose from the whitest colors available to ensure your teeth appear white next to your skin. Darker skin tones have more latitude when choosing a color, but should avoid sharp white color as they can look unnatural.
- Consider your dentist’s recommendations when advising on a veneer color. If you are working with a skilled and experienced dentist in Encino, you can trust their expertise.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers have a number of benefits. Consider the following if you are interested in veneers.
- Comprehensive Treatment: Dental veneers can improve a variety of dental issues. Chipped, missing, stained, discolored, or misshapen teeth can all be addressed by veneers. In addition, they can address gaps in your teeth to create a uniform smile.
- Long-Lasting and Durable: If taken care of properly, veneers can last up to 15 years. They are highly durable and stain resistant. Veneers are a long-lasting treatment option that operate just like your natural teeth.
- Low Maintenance: Veneers don’t require any special treatment. You need to continue with your daily oral care routine, in addition to regularly visiting the dentist. However, there are no additional steps to maintain your dental veneers.
- Natural Appearance: One of the major benefits of dental veneers is that they provide you with a bright and natural-looking smile. Dental veneers operate and look just like your natural teeth. Those with veneers often report an increase in confidence due to the benefits of how they look.
- Minimally Invasive: Unlike other cosmetic dental treatments, dental veneers are minimally invasive. The thin, tooth-colored shell is placed over your natural tooth. You don’t have to sacrifice your natural teeth to get dental veneers.
If you are unhappy with the look of your teeth and are considering dental veneers, contact the team Encino Family Dental. They are skilled in dental veneers and have helped countless patients achieve their desired dental aesthetic. The process begins with a consultation with Dr. Marian Yassa. Once you decide to move forward, it takes just two or three visits before you are on your way with a new and improved smile!