Most people lose some or all of their teeth at some point in their lifetime. Tooth loss is common and can be addressed with tooth replacement options. There are a variety of options you can choose from depending on your unique needs. You may wonder, can you have veneers over missing teeth? Below you will find more information about your tooth replacement options and veneers.
Can You Have Veneers With Missing Teeth?
Veneers are a great dental treatment that can address a variety of issues. However, veneers cannot be used to address a missing tooth. Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the front of your natural teeth. They can help improve the appearance of your smile by addressing chips, cracks, discoloration, large gaps, and even crooked teeth. Because veneers are bonded to the front of your natural teeth, they cannot be used as a replacement option for missing teeth.
Veneers and Your Restorative Dentistry Treatment
Effective replacement options include dental bridges and implants. The type of restorative dentistry treatment that is right for you depends on your unique dental needs. Dental bridges and implants can be used in combination with dental veneers to not only restore your smile, but also make it so much brighter. It’s important to talk with your dental provider about your expectations regarding your dental aesthetic so they can offer the right treatments for you.
If you want to improve your smile while you restore some of your missing teeth, consider the following options.
- Implants and Veneers: Veneers can address some or all of your teeth. With that, you can choose a mixture of implants and veneers. This means that you would have veneers placed over all of your natural teeth and an implant would replace your missing tooth. The implant can be matched to the veneers in terms of shape, color, and size. However, you can also choose to cover your implant with veneers, just like with all of your natural teeth.
- Porcelain Bridges: If you have a missing tooth with surrounding teeth that are not healthy, consider a porcelain bridge. The dental bridge can fill the gap and the porcelain can leave you with a brighter looking smile. Porcelain bridges offer a similar aesthetic to veneers so you will be happy with the results.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Investing in your smile is something that will always be worth it. Your smile is often the first thing people see when they look at you so it’s important to have a bright, white smile. Consider the following benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
- Improved Aesthetic: Discoloration, chips, cracks, and even gaps can impact your appearance. Addressing dental issues can improve the look of your smile and be highly beneficial both professionally and personally.
- Increased Confidence: Cosmetic dentistry in Encino can offer major benefits that are natural-looking. Those who are unhappy with their teeth often smile and talk less. Avoid this by investing in your smile as it can pay off in dividends when it comes to your self-esteem.
- Cost-Effective Investment: Taking care of your appearance is an important part of life. Looking and feeling good can provide a number of benefits in a variety of areas of your life. With that, cosmetic dentistry is a cost-effective investment into your future. Affordable porcelain dental veneers in Encino can improve your smile and your life.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Encino
If you are unhappy with the look of your smile, consider cosmetic dentistry. The team at Encino Family Dental has helped countless patients improve the look of their smile. Contact their office today to schedule an appointment!